Karel Zimmermann successfully defended his habilitation thesis if front of the scientific council of the Faculty on May 10, and became Associate Professor.
Our team (also Uni Lincoln and UPenn involved) led by Martin Saska won the Mohamed Bin Zayed International Robotic Challenge (MBZIRC) – Challenge 3 that required a team of UAVs to collaborate to search, locate, track, pick and place a set of static and moving objects. The team also took 2nd place in Challenge 1 – landing on a moving platform and 3rd in the Grand Challenge – after joining University of Padua.
CRAS members were very successful in securing new funding from the Czech Science Foundation. The following three-years projects start 01/2017:
- K. Zimmermann. Robust motion planning and control on rough unstructured terrain.
- M. Hoffmann. Robot self-calibration and safe physical human-robot interaction inspired by body representations in primate brains
- M. Saska. Stabilization and control of teams of relatively-localized micro aerial vehicles in high obstacle density areas
- M. Saska. Methods of Identification and Visualization of Tunnels for Flexible Ligands in Dynamic Proteins
- T. Krajník: Spatio-temporal representations for lifelong mobile robot navigation
got funding. Enable-S3 is an acronym for European Initiative to Enable Validation for Highly Automated Safe and Secure Systems. Tomas Svoboda is the PI of the CTU part. We will closely collaborate with ValeoCZ working on boosting rare data into the learning and testing
Tue 01.12.2015 11:00 KN:E-112, Abstract
Talk on Humanoid robots: platforms for modeling human cognition and versatile test-beds for robotics and machine learning research, Sep 17, 2015, KN:G-205. Matej will hopefully join CRAS in 2016 and complement our expertise by bringing his background on humanoid robotics and human cognition.
group members participated at the IDET 2015 fair, http://www.fel.cvut.cz/cz/aktuality/obranna-a-bezpecnostni-technika-fel-na-idet-2015
coorganized by Jan Faigl, http://robotics.fel.cvut.cz/demur15/, held in conjunction with IROS 2015